Tamara S. Smith, M.D., MPH
Hello! I’m Dr. Tamara Smith. I am board certified in Pediatric and Adult Allergy, Asthma and Immunology. I was born in Panama when my father was stationed there in the army. I lived there for one year with my five siblings and then relocated to Virginia where my family has lived ever since. I currently live in Fauquier County with my husband Rob, my cat, Jingle, and my four children, ages 17, 16, 13, and 10. When I am not at work, you can usually find me reading, at the lake, or attending a sporting/school event with my family!
I opened Family Allergy Center in Gainesville, VA to expand my father’s thriving practice in Centreville. I have been in Gainesville for almost 13 years and love the community of patients, physicians and families I serve. I care for patients of all ages from infants to adults. I am here to listen and with children, I can promise you, “I get it”. The highest compliment you can pay is to trust me to care for your family member or friend. I look forward to meeting each and every one of you.
- Favorite food – Crabs of course!
- Favorite book – A Man Called Ove
- Favorite color – Lavender
- Bachelor of the Arts in Chemistry from the University of Virginia in 1993
- Masters of Public Health degree from The George Washington University School of Public Health, 1996.
- Doctor of Medicine, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine in 2001
- Internship in Internal Medicine at Virginia Commonwealth University 2001-2002
- Residency in Internal Medicine at West Virginia University 2002-2004
- Fellowship in Pediatric and Adult Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, 2006-2008