Kenneth R. Bergman, M.D.
Dr. Kenneth Bergman has lived in Virginia since 1974. He received his Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry from Cornell University in 1963. He attended the University of Rochester School of Medicine in Rochester, New York where he earned his M.D. Dr. Bergman joined the Army and practiced Internal Medicine for the armed forces until 1980.
He pursued his training in Allergy and Immunology at Walter Reed Army Medical Center where he completed his fellowship in 1981. He retired from the army in 1988 with the rank of Colonel.
Dr. Bergman opened Family Allergy Center in 1990, and has been in private practice ever since. He has been cited in the Washingtonian Magazine Top Doctors for over ten years.
His specialty is pediatric and adult allergy with a special emphasis on food allergy, atopic dermatitis, and immunotherapy. He continues to be our fearless leader, role model and general encyclopedia of wisdom (medical and otherwise!)
- Virginia resident since 1974
- BA Chemistry Cornell 1963
- University of Rochester School of Medicine 1967
- Allergy and Immunology Fellow 1981
- Internal Medicine and Allergy and Immunology US Army, retired Colonel 1988
- Launched Family Allergy Center 1990
- Has 6 children and 19 grandchildren
- Loves all sports, especially Washington football and Washington Capitals
- Traveled the United States with his wife, who is a pilot in their Cessna